Customer Support Representatives
Careers > TSS
Canadian Software Vendor providing Insurance Software Solutions across
North America is seeking to fill the position of Technical Support Specialist.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of five years in a technical role
supporting P & C Insurance software systems. Knowledge of P & C Insurance
with an emphasis on Personal lines is a mandatory requirement. Proficiency
using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products is also required.
Working knowledge of Oracle and MS SQL Server relational databases is
considered an asset.
Working within the Client Services team the Technical Support Specialist
will assist with the installation, training and ongoing support of P & C
Insurance software for clients in Canada, the USA and Caribbean.
The successful candidates must be technically savvy and be able to quickly
develop in-depth knowledge of our insurance software products. Our offices
are located near Hwy 427 and Hwy 7 and parking is free. We offer competitive
salary, car allowance and medical benefits.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will be responsible for managing
multiple aspects of specific client matters, from diagnosing technical issues
to the implementation of our software and end user training. You will be a
key member of our Client Services team and will support multiple products
within the Tritech software product family. You will develop positive
relationships with our clients by utilizing excellent communication skills and
a high degree of professionalism. Excellent analytical and problem solving
skills are required coupled with the ability to adapt quickly, manage changing
priorities and new situations. The successful candidate will be responsible
for assisting clients on all aspects of our software systems and must be able
to prioritize and complete work with minimal supervision. You must have excellent
communication skills appropriate for providing telephone support to our clients.
You maintain a professional demeanor in all of your dealings, and are able
to interact confidently and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
In addition the successful candidate must feel comfortable with speaking in
front of groups for training sessions and presentations.
Your background should include related work experience with either P & C
Insurance companies and/or Insurance Brokers or with a software company
specializing in P & C Insurance products. Experience in the role of
training end users on insurance software will be considered an asset.
Experience with multiple insurance company systems and/or multiple broker
management systems will also be considered an asset. A minimum insurance
knowledge requirement includes personal lines products. You will be given
preference should you possess or be working towards a CIP designation.
- Provide support to users across Canada, the U.S. and the Caribbean.
- Provide technical analysis for defects and enhancement requests.
- Communicate with end users to clarify reported issues and status.
- Analyze and resolve software application issues at the configuration level.
- Maintain and track all issues using ticketing application.
- Liaison between Clients and Technical/Programming team.
- Train both clients and staff on insurance software.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Assist in providing clients with written resolutions and monthly status reports.
- Create test cases and conduct internal testing of all insurance software.
- Assist the Development and Technical teams during the implementation process.
- Act as the Liaison between Client and Development teams.
- Provide or assist with demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Travel as required – must possess mandatory travel documents.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.